Monday, November 15, 2010

the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.


That proverb is undeniably true. We do look at other people's lives and other things that we don't have in general through rose colored glasses. We often consider those things as such pleasant and happy ones. Hence ignoring anything negative about them and at the same time downplaying everything positive about our own. Well, that does happen to me almost all the time. I always envy people for having such things and never realize the priceless things that I own. To be brief, there are times where people are just unthankful, ungrateful for everything that God had continuously granted them.
.

About few weeks ago, I was seriously disappointed, I felt so down that my application to be one of Taaruf week (orientation) committees did not get any approval. Few days later, I got a news that my application for a study loan was not approved too. Next, I had missed the interview session to do part time job at Mahallad office hence I failed to get it. There are also other things that had made me feel bad about myself. I just felt that at some point, my life is way worse than others'..

But God is fair. While feeling down for not getting some of the things I wished for, some other good things came up. Despite of being rejected to be the Taaruf committee, I passed the interview to be a SLEU (Student Learning Enhancement Unit) coordinator and had started doing some tasks last week :) I also had just received an email telling me that I got a chance to do a part-time translating job :) Not only that, I also got an email that offers me to be part of a program for children under Global Peace Mission (GPM). You'd have no idea how much I love volunteering. and etc, etc...

In brief, I thank Allah for everything He had granted me and I promise to always appreciate every single thing I have and believe that every cloud has a silver lining :)
Alhamdulillah :)
.
p/s: Happy hols to all IIUM-mates!
.
.

1 comment:

Maslinda MMY said...

kalo xde rumput on the other side cmne?