Sunday, April 24, 2011

these are mine. what are yours? :)


Howdy, gorgeous! I’ve always wanted to post about the products I’ve been using all this while. It’s been a typical topic of conversation between me and friends. And now for the purpose of gaining more feedbacks and testimonies, I bet here would be a good medium.

Anyway, one thing for sure, I’m just sharing this. What’s work on me may not work on you.


Toothpaste: Colgate Advanced Whitening. This toothpaste had caused me a habit, (a good one, I guess) that I brush my teeth as frequent as I like. I brush my teeth wherever I go; be it shopping mall, campus, and so on. It does leave a fresh feeling which other tooth pastes are not capable of.


Toothbrush: Most people aren't really taking this matter seriously. Any kind of toothbrush would be fine for them. Whatever you choose first and foremost, the key is the bristles. Choose ones with soft bristles. My options are Colgate and Oral B. Most recommended by dentists would be Oral B.


Tooth Polisher: This is for those who’re concerned about the look of their teeth. Tooth polisher makes your teeth look clean. As for myself, after using Pearl Drops Tooth Polish, I’ll get the feeling of being polished at dental clinic. Really.


Tooth Floss: This is vital! Flossing your teeth after brushing is so important! Do not simply take ones that are affordable. The cheap ones are usually quite thick which may widen the space between your teeth. For this category, I vote for Oral B!


Tongue Cleaner: Just get one that fancies yourself. Haha. This is so important too. Tongue cleaner works way more effective than tooth brush. I forgot the brand of mine. Thus, brand-less.


Tooth Whitener: This is not really necessary. I used to use Pearl Drops Gloss Tooth Whitener before switching to Colgate Advanced Whitening tooth paste. But mind you, it does a very excellent job. I admit it. Your teeth will look whither and brighter in less than two weeks but here’s the thing; it’s way pricey. Last time I bought it, it costed about 40 bucks.


Face Cleanser & Toner: Both my opted cleanser and toner are not available at any shop or pharmacy. I have a very oily skin and I easily get pimples on it if I miss cleansing it properly. The products I’m now using are from Tana Mera, introduced by my former roommate whose sister runs a beauty spa and principally use this brand. It’s the best for me so far. I’ve tried so many products, from the cheap ones like Garnier and the costly ones like Sendayu Tinggi and Shiseido. But these ones work the best on my face skin. The cleanser itself, can also function as face scrub and mask. Amazing, ain’t it? Plus, since it ain’t in liquid form, it lasts long. Money-saving!


Deodorant: this is another product which ain’t available at most shops ‘cause the one I’m using is from Amway Body Series. Mom is the person-in-charge of providing this to me every month. *chuckle*. And yea, speaking of deodorant, I just discovered that those from Rexona, The Body Shop and Nivea contain a poison called ‘Ftalat’, which is dangerous for production system. Something like that lah. For more accurate and reliable information, google it yourself. Heh.


Body Shower Foam: When it comes to shower foam, I'll never look for those whose primary functions are to moisturize or whiten skin but rather ones that help in preventing any infections caused by bacteria. So my all-time choices would be Lifebuoy, Dettol, and Protex.


Shampoo & Conditioner: For these two, I don’t have much to say ‘cause I’m still in search of shampoo and conditioner that work well on my hair. But so far, I’m using Herbal Essences and emm, so-so lah.


Face scrub & Face mask: Lovely ladies, I’d like to recommend you these! These are the best! Among the things I look for when I’m under stress. LOL. Both are from Mustika Ratu.


Body scrub: These work very well too. Initially recommended by my sister. You can really feel the scrubbing effect on your skin. As a result, you’ll get a very soft and smooth skin. Trust me! I’m reliable. LMAO. It's Sari Ayu, btw. I've tried out Sari Buah and Bengkoang Whitening. So much relaxing!


Body lotion: I don’t really put lotion on my body. Simply because I dislike the sticky effect it leaves on my skin. But the one I’m using now, which is Vaselline Aloe Body Lotion ain’t that sticky plus it leaves your skin cool and fresh.


Compact Powder & Foundation: For these two I’m using Maybelline Angel Fit. For real, pimple scars are gone. (temporarily lah) *giggle*


Lip balm: Whoa. When it comes to lip care, I'm a loyal consumer of Vaseline!. The best ever! For more effective result, put it on before you sleep, and when you wake up, wipe it off with face tissue. Your lips’ dead cells will be removed as well hence your lips will remain reddish and moist throughout the day.


Body Talc: I only prefer Aiken Medicated Talc. 'cause apart from avoiding my skin from becoming oily, it helps in preventing such skin irritations. Highly recommended by pharmacists.


Okay, that’s it I guess. One last thing, to avoid bad breath, don’t forget to bring along such sweets or chewing gums like Dentyne or extra. The easiest option is by getting your own breath spray. I do have one but I rarely use it since I always have Dentyne chewing gum with me. Oh, frequent consumption of plain water may also help in avoiding bad breath. So do drink a lot, bring it wherever you go, especially if you talk a lot, like me. Huk2.


And yea, please lah don't ever forget to bring along a hand sanitizer whenever you go out. If bacteria at your hands are visible, you'll surely go euww yucks~!!


fine. unrelated picture. just intending to show how happy I am today :) Peace for the world. Before I end, dear readers,

with love, B.


No comments: