Monday, December 19, 2011

Migraine; symptoms and whatnot.


I've no idea what I had faced till I ended up being suffered from migraine again. The last time I got a migraine was about less than two years ago. It was last Tuesday, when I found out it finally hit me again T.T. Mind you, though it's way worse this time, there's nothing to be regretted, as I learned a lot from the endurance of this sickness and indeed, I grew stronger; mentally. Alhamdulillah.

The symptoms include a severe headache that occurs usually on one side of the head. In my case, it's the right side. There are also cases where it is on both sides of the head but it is occasionally rare. There's a lot you can tell about migraine and other ordinary headaches.

Other migraine symptoms include a sensitivity to light, vomiting, nausea and sensitivity towards any kind of sound. Basically, those who have migraine like me, can't handle crowded places, sunny weather, etc. That explains why I never leave home without bringing along my umbrella. and that may also explain why I hate going to crowded places namely night market. Migraine sufferers always like to relax in the dark and quiet place and most of the times, only relief is obtained after vomiting (happens to me a lot, these days). It is a recurring condition which has no fixed timings or periods. It can't be completely cured but can be controlled in terms of frequency or number of occurrence.

Migraine may occur when or after one or more of these:
  • Being too stressed out, depression, physically tensed.
  • Certain food such as Chocolate, those contain MSG, those contain tyramine like chicken and nuts. Onions, peanut butter, deary products.
  • Such surroundings where there's an excessive use of perfume, noise, smokes; be it from cigarette or other sources.
  • Drastic change in sleeping time.
  • Missed meals.
.:. Hence, migraine can be avoided by avoiding these things from happening.


Types of migraine:
  • The common migraine where the person suffering from it will not encounter any "auras".
  • The migraine which is combined with "auras" where the person has visions about flashes of light and may also see zigzag lines or blind spots in their visions. S/he may also feel some tingling sensation in the legs or the arms. (mine is this one!) only God knows how painful it is T.T

As mentioned before, there are many ways to be adopted in getting relief from migraine:
  • Take medications that are prescribed by doctors or pharmacists,
  • Lying down in the dark and quite room.


p/s: say NO to migraine. Final exams are just around the corner. so stay calm and relaxed :) In whatever condition you are now, always be strong! may God bless :)