Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Back to blogging!

Hello, world. Assalamualaikum. Finally, I decided to blog again…after 2 years of ignorance lol. Referring to the previous post, September 2, 2012 marked my Engagement Day. Well, instead of posting on every single event happened after that significant day, I bet it’d be much better for me to just write a very brief recap. Why did I opt to blog again? -'cause I really want my kids to have something to read about their Mommy, at least after I make my leave....


13 October 2012: this date highlights one of the most important days in my life. We; me and fiancé` officially, legally became husband and wife. Yayy! Alhamdulillah :') The Solemnization or akad Niqah ceremony was held in SHAS Mosque, IIUM. Our wedding was actually in conjunction with IIUM 1st Grand Marriage. Hence there were four newlywed couples including us, hence there were loads of people inside and outside the mosque; the families, committees, media staff, etc. fuhh.

Penyerahan mas kahwin (1 Dinar GCP) + Batal air sembahyang ceremony

Just married!

The reception then took place after Zuhr prayer; approximately 2pm, at the Main Hall of Cultural Activity Centre (CAC), IIUM. Oh ya, since the event was the first one to be held in IIUM, we just paid 3k and all was covered including those which are sponsored; bridal chambers, full wedding attires, cakes, etc.

Wedding reception at CAC Main Hall. With our 4-taken-and-other-are-single BFFs :)

Parents were already head back home at this time for Kenduri do'a selamat preparation


Yadda yadda yadda….it all ended around 5pm. After changing clothes, we straightly drove back to my hometown, Sabak Bernam. There’d be a kenduri do’a selamat after maghrib prayer and the next day would be another wedding reception. Pheww. The in-laws were already settled at a homestay near Kepong and my family members had gone back to Sabak Bernam way earlier than us. And yes, my maid of honor did go back with us :)


14 October 2012: This was when our humble wedding reception took place :) Tak dapat nak cerita panjang2 but I'd really like to express my gratitude to my beloved parents, aunts, siblings (especially my 2nd sister) who had been helping me out A LOT since the very beginning. I didn’t do much, mind you, since I was busy with my studies in UM. 


Wedding reception at my house

Not to be forgotten, my in-laws who’d been supporting us, mentally and financially :)
Parents  and siblings-in-laws took the afternoon flight to Kota Kinabalu the next day.

After everything ended, and we finally got to calm down haha, the real, new life began. We actually planned to just stay separately until Hubby finished his study but…haha Allah indeed had the best plan for us. After around one month of me ulang alik from UM to UIA (thank you, my 2nd bridesmaid for letting me stay at your room for almost one semester hehe), we finally moved together to a very humble house located in Kg. Changkat, Gombak. It was okay lah, the rent was quite affordable for us students. Though it was not full-equipped; no TV, washing machine, stove, ceiling fan, etc, we did survive living there for almost 5 months, happily, blissfully. Eceh.

Moving to another topic, our wedding reception (Hubby’s side) took place in December 2012; can’t recall the exact date though. It was really happening, I told ya, ‘cause I got to know my Hubby’s relatives and friends whom are mostly living in Kota Kinabalu, Sipitang and Tawau, Sabah :) Seronok! And mostly because the reception was to celebrate not only us, but my brother-in-law and his wife, who just got married for about 3 weeks at that time. (Both of us langkah bendul. lol)


Wedding reception at Wisma Pertaninan, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
*make-up was superb. Thanks, MUA kak Kabirah!

Moving to another interesting topic, after we got back to Gombak, we were both busy with assignments, tests, etc, as the semester was about to end in a few weeks’ time.  During that particular time, I started to feel unwell, continuously. 

On my way back from UM (I drove alone, Hubby was having a lecture at this hour), after submitting my final term paper, I insisted to get myself a pregnancy test kit. Hence I dragged myself to Guardian or Watson pharmacy (can’t recall which one) and bought the most expensive and accurate (based on my online survey) pregnancy test kit, which tak mahal mana pun, MYR36 something if I’m not mistaken. Sampai2 je rumah, my curiosity had caused me to try that asap, not to wait for Hubby to come back from class first. Haha hentam. Blab la bla…it was positive! Yayy! The ClearBlue digital pregnancy test kit told me that I was 3+ week pregnant. Alhamdulillah. Saya yang memang kurang kesabaran ni terus inform my sisters, friends and Hubby. Haha! I was speechless, excited, nervous, semua lah. Mixed feelings. First time kan. My friends could not digest the information at first ‘cause all of them were still enjoying their single life at that time. This was really alien to them haha but still, I was showered with loads of congratulatory wishes and of course, loves.
But the good news was envious with me :(

Around two weeks after receiving the news, ironically, my life got worse and worse. I was literally bedridden for 3 MONTHS. I couldn’t eat, drink and do whatever I wanted to. The so-called morning sickness attacked me the whole day. It only lasted after the D&C :'( Because of that, I was admitted to hospital for about 4-5 times. The checking procedure was painful, the fact that I was left by Hubby was more painful, and the information given by doctor that my baby had stopped living was the most painful… My case was referred to as Missed Miscarriage where the miscarriage was because the fetus did not successfully grow and ended up stopped developing. It all started during my maternal check-up, where the doctor did not find any heart beat on the ultrasound scanner. 

Yadda yadda yadda…on February 20, 2013, I had my D&C or cuci Rahim minor operation. Didn’t wanna focus on being sad, I kept myself busy with study. Verily, Allah’s plan is the Best.
Part of my medical details

First meal after discharge

April 2013: we got ourselves a new, better house in Bukit Antarabangsa. Alhamdulillah. Though the rent is quite high, but we do think it’s worth it since it’s fully furnished. 3 bedrooms, 1 shower and 2 toilets are more than enough :)

Bla bla bla…..in July 2013, when we were anticipating our vacation to Bandung, we were more excited to receive the fact that I was pregnant again. Yayy! Syukur, Alhamdulillah. Well, I still am, now :D I was scared at first. Scared of being bedridden, warded again. But Alhamdulillah, this time, things have been kind to me. It’s only during the first trimester; the first three months of pregnancy where I suffered from morning sickness, where we had to cancel our Bandung plan and where I did not manage to fast for manyyyyy days. (it was Ramadhan at that time). But then Alhamdulillah, as eid arrived, and my second trimester began, my body started to get better and better. My appetite and health were back to normal, or even better. Mind you, I gained loads of kilos during this second trimester, which keep continuing until now. Huwaaa.

Raya Aidilfitri. Amik gambar jauh2 sebab masing2 ada wudhu' :D


November 2013: it’s Hubby’s convocation day! Yayy! Apart from me being happy of his graduation, it was a real excitement ‘cause my family-in-law were all here for almost 2 weeks. We did make use of every single day. We visited FIL’s sibling in JB, and went all around KL; Petrosains, I-city, Metropolitan Park and banyak lah. Hari2 berjalan sana-sini. Well that’s the bonus when your husband is a freelancer :)
I was the happiest person on earth since I got to fulfill almost ALL my cravings! And yah, that had caused me to gain MORE kilos. And due to that, I had to go through 2 MGTT tests. Ini paling tak best. Well, MGTT stands for Modified Glucose Tolerance Test that most pregnant women in Malaysia with high risk (excessive weight gain like me, genetic history of diabetes, etc) have to go through a screening test.

Baby shower! Thanks ladies! XX










Bla bla bla….then 2014 finally made its appearance. Maka bermula lah detik2 menunggu our precious lil’ one to come out from my womb ni ha. A friend of mine whose EDD is similar to mine has already delivered her baby boy at 36 week of pregnancy while me?..........still anticipating my baby’s arrival whom has been expected to come out this Saturday! (February 1, 2014) So….here I am, blogging about those significant events happened within last two years, to keep myself away from being bored of waiting. lol. Yet indeed, penantian itu satu penyeksaan T.T


Tapi takpe lah sayang, Mommy will keep waiting (though not patiently haha) for you okay :D Keep being healthy and happy in there hehe.

Our lil' one at 30 week of pregnancy :')
*hopefully by next week keluar lah khalifah Allah yg sorang ni yeeee :)


So with that, I end my ramblings here. Subuh prayer time is coming in a few minutes time. Toodles and Assalamualaikum.

XX

No comments: