Sunday, March 8, 2015

My first giving birth experience!

Assalamualaikum beautiful people. May Allah shower you with His endless blessings.
It's just a normal Sunday today. As I couldn't close my eyes after Subuh prayer, I decided to reply customers' messages and then proceeded with cooking for lunch. Done cooking, here I am writing this post.

I I had always wanted to share my first time delivering baby 'cause I believe first-time moms these days spend most of their times writing related blogs and journals in preparing themselves before the most-waited bundle of joy come to this world. Well that's exactly what I did few months before I delivered. This is also for my own reference. I WILL NEED to recall this before it happens again for the second time.

Okay lemme just go straight to the point. My son now is 1 year, 1 month and 5 days old. Which means I'd been delaying this post for 1 year, 1 month and 5 days time :D

Alright. I first discovered that I was pregnant on July 2013. It was few days before Ramadhan. My pregnancy was 3 month old during Hari Raya. It was a tough fasting month as I had such a terrible morning sickness. Was bedridden, skipped fasting, but still had no appetite. Few days before Hari Raya, Alhamdulillah my morning sickness disappeared, thus I had such a blast celebration. I ate everything I could eat. hehe.

So my EDD (Expected Date of Delivery) was February 1st, 2014. Nothing special about this date except that it was a month before my final examination. So yayy, I had exams without worries. Tengah2 sarat tu pergi exam hall, and hubby waited for me outside. What a memory :')

So here comes the story. On 2nd of February (my pregnancy was 40 weeks and 1 day old), I had slight contraction. It all started midnight, around 1 am if I'm not mistaken. Sakit sangat2. I recorded the gaps between each contraction using a mobile application named Contraction Timer. Mula2 the gaps were unstable. Kejap2, selang 10 mins, kejap2 5,3 mins. I was like "Am I going to deliver now??"

I forced myself to sleep. Berpeluh2 jugak la menahan sakit. Mengiring ke kiri, kanan until I felt comfortable and fell asleep sbb penat sangat. The pain came again around 5am but still could endure for few hours. It was 8am that I told hubby "Abg, tak tahan. Sakit sangat dah ni". I told my parents as well and they advised me to go to hospital cepat2.

I went to the living room, tried to watch TV while my hubby went out to buy me breakfast. I requested for bihun goreng and iced Milo. Sekejap je, he bought from aunty selling nasi lemak kat ground floor. Then I ate sikit je. Couldn't finish. Went to the bathroom, took a shower for almost 30 minutes sebab the contraction kept coming. Nangis sambil mandi hehe.

Settle mandi, we rushed to the nearest hospital - Hospital Ampang. It was 12pm at that time. Masuk2 je, doctor check bukaan and it was 3cm. So terus kena admit to ward. Tukar baju, kena ambik darah, naik wheelchair pegi ward, it all took few hours sebab sambil menahan contraction. So naik katil when it was 3pm. Tak lama rest, doctor dtg check bukaan lagi. It was 5cm! and doctor cakap "Okay boleh prepare masuk Labour Room". I was like "Whattttt I belum sempat rest pun lagi. Im not ready, not ready!" Monolog dalaman je la hehe. Hubby then came, carrying baby and my stuff. Termengah2 dia bawak 2 bags; one was mine, one was baby's, dengan satu bakul isi biskut, termos, susu kambing etc. Haha. Baru nak sampai katil, I told him "Nak masuk Labour Room dah" He was "Haaaa?" HAHAHAHA.

So around 4pm, tibalah sy dgn takut and nervousnya dalam LR tu. But it was a nice one, unlike what I read about Govt. Hospitals in internet. Most excitingly is my husband boleh teman.

So naik katil, nurse and midwife pun start pasang drip, CTG scan and so on. Time ni ada sehelai baju cover bahagian depan sahaja. Kain dah kena bukak awal2, and kena kangkang. Huhu. A few doctors came to check on me. Paling tak suka when this one doctor ckp "full bladder". Dang. Tadi macam dah habis kencing T.T. Nurse then masukkan this one tube, hubby ckp kecik sikit dari straw, and buangkan urine. Sakit. Sakit gila and the ngilu effect took months to hilang! huhu

Then around 6pm, nurse tanya nak teran tak. I was like "kenapa tanya? boleh pilih masa ke ape?" Haha. Soalan org nak bersalin memang irrational. Dia cakap bukaan dah 8cm. I might wait until 10cm or try to push. Time tu memang rasa nak settle cepat je so I pun start push. Contraction time ni sakit paling sakit sampai mengerang jugak la. I kept ckp "Abg, sakit...sakit" Dia macam biasa lah.."Sabar ye syg. Sekejap je". "-____-

Oh btw, I was thankful time tu sebab though we couldn't request for a female doctor, yg dalam LR semua female nurses. Dorang yg sambut baby. Tak perlu doctor. Probably sebab my case takde ape2 complication. I liked it even more sebab the nurse pasang bacaan ayat2 al-Quran. Definitely calm :)

Back to story, I kept pushing, resting, alternately. Very exhausted. Until this one time nurse cakap "Dah nampak kepala! Push kuat lagi dek" I was like okay2. Tapi bila push, salah teknik kot, the head masuk balik. Urghhhhhhhh. Stressed out gila. I told hubby "I wanna c-sect". Hubby ckp "Eh dah nampak kepala dah. Sikit lagi ni. Sikit lagi"


Tak puas hati. I cakap kuat2 "Nak czer je...nak czerrrr" HAHAHA. Memang irrational. Nurse pun ckp benda yg sama. "Dah keluar sikit kepala ni.. Takkan nak masukkan balik"

It was a total chaos.


So I kumpul tenaga and gave a strong push until I heard "Okay dah keluar dah. Alhamdulillah. Dah settle dah puan". It was 8.33pm masa tu. They sambut the baby, cleaned him out and bagi my hubby to recite Azan. I saw him crying. Nak touching2 tapi bo layan sebab penat gila. Nurse tanya "Tau tak jantina dia?" "Ye, lelaki" Lemah longlai je jawab sebab sangat3 penat.

Lepas azan, nurse letak baby on my chest. Our first skin contact! Sebab penat sangat, I looked at him samar2 je. Then hubby kena suruh keluar sebab nurse nak jahit yg bawah tu. Jahit pun dah tak rasa apa sebab penat sangat. Settle jahit, they left me for a while. Uruskan dokumen kot. My baby was lying down opposite to me. Atas scale ke ape tah. He was wide awake. He stared at me. Tak berkelip sangat. I was like "Hi baby, it's mommy" :')


Then bla3...nurse sent me to ward, while my baby was taken utk diberi injection ke ape tah. 2am baru they sent him to me. Time tu macam "eh ada baby. eh apa nak buat ni"

Nurse ckp "baby awak berak tau"


oh...okay

I spent 1 hour to clean him out! ye lah jalan pun macam pingu kan lol.

So the next day I thought dah boleh balik. My parents dah datang to pick me up and bawak balik Sabak Bernam. Tapi doctor cakap my baby expected to kena infection sebab my water broke early. So there we stayed for another 3,4 days. And Alhamdulillah he's free from any infection.

Then balik lah kami ke Sabak Bernam dan bermulalah our life with this addition. Will share my confinement experience later. Till then!

No comments: